Written in the Stars by Jennifer Martinez - Review

Blurb:


"You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your Prince."

Believers of fate, destiny, whatever, say that there are many paths to your one final destination. No matter what choices you make you will always end up right where you are supposed to be. Well I guess I took the road less traveled because God knows I’m broken, bruised, and damaged.
This is my story. It’s about all the wrong turns that led to the right destination. We were written in the stars from the very beginning and neither of us knew it. Love is something you can’t fight and can’t hide from no matter how bad you want to.This is my cosmic turn of love.







My Review

I had to wait a few days to write up my review for this book.  It hit a little close to home for me and I needed time to process.  That's the beauty about a good book though - you can relate to the characters.  I don't mean that you get butterflies in your stomach as they are falling in love.  But you definitely feel it in your gut. 

I have to say that while I was already a fan of Jennifer's work, she reached my soul with this one.  At first I wasn't sure how I felt about it.  She wrote the first bits of the story leaving out the small details that makes you love the characters' relationships and root for them.  Once you get to a certain point it makes perfect sense, though.  You get little snippets of Mack's previous relationships before getting to the one that counts.  And from a personal perspective, I'm actually a bit relieved that we didn't have to live out the gory details of Mack and Steve's relationship.  

I think that some people may feel like the book was a bit rushed, but I think it was actually how it should be. There was no need to get into every little detail of the previous relationships, and once you get to the good part it slows down a bit and you really get to know Mack for who she grew to be after all of her frogs; you get to experience Coll pulling her out of the rabbit's hole.

All in all, I loved it.  It reminds you that the world isn't full of heartless people.  It teaches women that we are strong.

About Jennifer Martinez

One day while slaving away at her monotonous day job, Jennifer Martinez found her true calling. Like a firefly in the night, the pages called to her. Once she caught the bug there was no stopping it. Her fingers flew furiously across the keyboard winding tales of love, mystery and anger. She snapped out of her reverie to find herself still behind the desk but at least she knew who she was… Author Jennifer Martinez.

I like to think of myself as a beautiful conundrum. When I am not writing, I can be found surrounded by my amazing family and 4 dogs or volunteering at a local animal rescue. I love who I am and don’t mind at all when I get strange looks from people. I am a tattoo covered, child and animal lover who looks forward to destroying peoples preconceived notions of what “someone like me” would be interested in. You only live life once… you may as well make it interesting.

"I love to get lost in a good book and hope that everyone will get lost in mine."


Buy Written in the Stars on Amazon and Kobo!

Comments