Losing Me, Finding You by C.M. Stunich - Review

Synopsis:

Theme Song: “Burn it to the Ground” by Nickelback

Twenty-one year old Amy Cross's idea of a hot Saturday night is curling up with her favorite book boyfriend and secretly sneaking a bottle of her mother's wine. That is, until she meets Austin Sparks, the biker boy with a past that burns like fire and a gaze she can't look away from. Without knowing what she's doing or why she's doing it, Amy ends up on the road with Austin traveling from one city to another while learning things she's only ever read about in romance novels.

At first it seems like Austin is Amy's fantasy come true, but as their journey progresses, she starts to sense that Austin is running away from something. Amy knows that she'll do whatever it takes to help him find himself. What she doesn't expect is that she'll lose herself in the process and how good it will feel to be free.

This book is New Adult/Romance Erotica and intended for mature readers.  18+ only please!

My Review

Miss Caitlin, you have outdone yourself with this little nugget of awesome.  I think I read this book in about 5 hours.  Once I started I couldn't put it down.  No, I mean that.  If I went to the bathroom, so did my Kindle. While I cooked dinner, my Kindle was in the kitchen with me.  I could not tear myself away from Amy and Austin.

Oh, Austin.  Austin is something else.  First, the book cover is him, which I'm sure anyone could have guessed, but I mean that literally.  Down to those little tattoos just above his crotch.  And Little Miss Preacher's Daughter, I mean Amy, she's a fire cracker!  And seriously... so naughty!  I don't know how C.M. Stunich does it, but she seems to top herself with each book.  Now, I'm not saying that this book is better than all of her other books.  I cannot do that because all of her books are not the same genre.  I still say that the Never Say Never series are probably my favorite emotional books, with The Duet in a VERY close second.  But when it comes to naughty, Austin can give me riding lessons any day.  I'm just sayin'!

One of my favorite aspects of this book is Amy's inner turmoil.  On the outside she is prim and proper, going through the motions without even having to think about them; it's how she was brought up, she can't help it.  In her head she is constantly correcting herself.  It's not bum, Amy, it's ass.  ASS.  You're an adult and can say ass.  Now, that isn't a direct quote, but you get the idea.

It was so much fun watching her grow into her own person and not the person she was molded into by her parents.  And there was nothing more entertaining than when her and Austin were alone and she would bust out some moves she learned from the countless hours she spent reading trashy romance novels behind her parents backs.  Loved every minute of it and I want more!  As of right now, Losing Me, Finding You is a stand alone novel.  However, if you know C.M., then you know that could change at any time.  There is plenty of closure at the end of the story, but that doesn't mean the story is over!

Excerpt (Austin's POV!! - 18+ Please!)

Amy pushes through the doors in the back like she knows exactly where she's going, leading us into a room with four pool tables and not much else. Once she's inside, she spins to face me, her beautiful hair sticking to her lips as it flows around her face.

“How do I join?” she asks and it takes me a long, hot second to figure out what it is that she wants. I'm having a hard time thinking past the surges of excitement that are coursing through my body, begging me to grab the girl and throw her over the green felt, fuck her until these strange feelings inside of me are gone.

“I don't know what you mean, babe?” I ask as Amy steps close, too close, and her heat envelopes me, teasing me with the soft scent of flowers and sex. This girl is ready whether she knows it or not.

“Your gang – group – whatever. The people with the triple M's on the back of their jackets.” Ah. The girl wants to join my motorcycle club. I pause for a moment and rub my chin, trying to figure out what to say. She's not the first chick to ask, but she is the first to seem so serious about it, to look at me with eyes burning with fire and a voice quavering with need, like if I don't answer her, she'll shrivel up and die.

“Believe me, Amy, when I tell you that you don't want to be a part of this.”

“No,” she tells me, glancing up sharply. “I need to be.” And then she's stepping forward and running her hands up my chest, leaning forward on her toes so that the lace trim on the neckline of her top skims the fabric of my shirt, close but not close e-fucking-nough.

“Help me,” she whispers, voice dropping so low that the last word barely reaches my ears. Or maybe my pulse is pumping too loud in my Goddamn head to hear anything at all; I realize that the buzz and the clink of glasses from the bar has gone silent. Whoever this girl is, I don't care. All I know is that I need her, now, right here, fucking fast and friggin' furious. But then I remind myself that she's a virgin and a small town lady who doesn't know shit about shit, and I just can't do that to her, not unless she asks.


About C.M. Stunich

C.M. Stunich was raised under a cover of fog in the area known simply as Eureka, CA. A mysterious place, this strange, arboreal land nursed Caitlin's (yes, that's her name!) desire to write strange fiction novels about wicked monsters, magical trains, and Nemean Lions (Google it!). She currently enjoys drag queens, having too many cats, and tribal bellydance.

Always a fan of the indie scene and 'sticking it to the man,' Ms. Stunich decided to take the road less traveled and forgo the traditional publishing route. You can be assured though that she received several rejections as to ensure her proper place in the world of writers before taking up a friend's offer to start a publishing company. Sarian Royal was born, and Ms. Stunich's books slowly transformed from mere baking chocolate to full blown tortes with hand sculpted fondant flowers.

C.M. is a writer obsessed with delivering the very best and scours her mind on a regular basis to select the most unusual stories for the outside world.

Stalk C.M.

Buy Losing Me, Finding You on Amazon, today, for only $3.99!

Comments