Review: Mud Vein by Tarryn Fisher


Blurb


When reclusive novelist Senna Richards wakes up on her thirty-third birthday, everything has changed. Caged behind an electrical fence, locked in a house in the middle of the snow, Senna is left to decode the clues to find out why she was taken. If she wants her freedom, she has to take a close look at her past. But, her past has a heartbeat... and her kidnapper is nowhere to be found. With her survival hanging by a thread, Senna soon realizes this is a game. A dangerous one. Only the truth can set her free.

Review

There are things in your life that genuinely speak to your soul.  Mud Vein was one of them for me.  Probably *THE* one.  When people ask you what your favorite movie or TV show is, your mood generally determines what comes to mind.  When someone asks me what book is my favorite, it is always Mud Vein.

I was broken when I read it.  Hell, I'm still broken.  I'm just a more self-aware broken who is working to be less broken.  I think that is why this book resonated with me the way it did.  You get to look inside the head of a woman who is broken, and you watch her understanding of herself grow.  It is weirdly inspiring.

Comments