The Camp by Karice Bolton

It is no secret that I am quite a fan of Karice Bolton's work.  I have read every single one of her books, and loved each and every one of them!  When I found out that she was writing this stand alone novel called The Camp I was actually really excited.  She writes paranormal romance and urban fantasy novels and couldn't wait to see her branch out to something different.  And I'm happy to say that she did a fantastic job writing this suspenseful gem!

I generally don't even read suspense novels because they don't really surprise me.  They don't make me hear noises in the house or feel like I'm being watched.  There are very few authors that can cause that kind of reaction from me - Stephen King sometimes, Edgar Allen Poe always.  Those are some hefty shoes to fill.  While I don't think anyone will ever be able to raise the hairs on my arms quite like Mr. Poe, Karice did make me feel a little uncomfortable while I was sitting on my porch, in the dark, smoking and reading.  The wind would blow and my head would jerk in the direction of the leaves blowing down the street sounding like footsteps of someone trying to sneak up on me!

I grew up in the outdoors: camping, fishing, canoeing, spelunking; and I'm thinking that Karice did too.  She painted the scenery so well I felt I could smell the wet trees while walking in the woods.  It was a wonderful place to go to - while I wasn't worried about some lunatic jumping out at me!

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone and everyone.  Nothing grotesque, nothing too adult for a teen to read, a little romance, a bit of suspense, and lots of fun!  It was such a nice change of pace for me.  She also wrapped up the ending quite well.  The only thing I would complain about is that I didn't get enough Liam!  I'm hoping that is because she is going to write another book perhaps?  Maybe dig a bit into his past?  Pretty, pretty please? ;-)

***

I have lived in the Northwest my entire life and love just about everything Washington has to offer, including the rain!  I graduated from our local university and enjoyed every minute of the writing and literature courses I took.  Rather than follow the norm, I followed my heart and decided not to get a business degree.  I obtained a B.A. focusing on Literature and History and have been writing ever since.

I have two beautiful English bulldogs and a gorgeous husband who just happens to be my high school sweetheart - Yes,  I am a bit infatuated!!!


Stalk Karice here:

Buy The Camp and other novels by Karice Bolton on Amazon.

Comments