Insatiable (A Sydney Rye Novel #3) by Emily Kimelman

I cannot express how much I enjoyed reading this book!  It is the first of Emily Kimelman's books that I have read and I will definitely be reading more.

First, I loved that this is the third book in a series, but was able to read it as a stand alone novel.  There was enough back story told throughout the book so there was no confusion about what repeat characters were discussing about the past.

Second, there was not a moment in the book where I felt bored with the story between the action scenes, which I found very exciting.  Emily had no problems keeping me wanting more and I have to say I was sad to go to sleep last night without knowing what happened next.  I really had to force myself to stop reading or I would have continued on through the night and been a zombie all day trying to take care of my kids.

I love Sydney Rye. She was once a normal person, Joy, who decided to avenger her brother's death (this happened, I'm assuming, in the first book - either way I will be finding out by reading the rest of this series.

The dialog between the characters seemed natural and I could imagine myself having those same conversations in the situations they were in.  I love a good action/mystery and I have to say that I loved this one even more because one bad-ass woman was calling all the shots.  And some of the situations that she was put in actually made me laugh out loud.

I would recommend this book to anyone 18 and up because of the violence and language.

~~~

BLURB:

INSATIABLE is the third novel in my Sydney Rye Series of dark murder mysteries. This series feature a strong female protagonist and her canine best friend. It is recommended for the 18+ who enjoy some violence, don't mind dirty language, and are up for a dash of sex. Not to mention an awesome, rollicking good mystery!

INSATIABLE begins with private detective Sydney Rye living a simple, disciplined life in London, but when a dangerous man from her past calls, Rye finds she cannot turn him away. Robert Maxim explains that the daughter of a powerful friend has gone missing and he wants Rye to find her. In exchange he offers her something she had given up hope of ever having; freedom from her past.

With her dog, Blue, at her side, Rye meets up with her new partner, a handsome man she's not sure she can trust. Heading for Mexico City, they go undercover, posing as husband and wife. After meeting with the bereaved parents, Rye starts to sense that there is more going on than just a missing girl. But it isn't until they arrive in the Yucatan Peninsula, hot on the girl's trail in Paradise, that all hell breaks loose. Sydney has to reach out for help from old friends and deal with the consequences of her past, if she's going to find the girl and keep them all alive.

~~~

Emily Kimelman lives on a boat in the Hudson Valley with her husband, Sean and their dog Kinsey (named after Sue Grafton's Kinsey Millhone). Kimelman has a passion for traveling and spends as much time as possible in the pursuit of adventure.

Her Sydney Rye series feature a strong female protagonist and her canine best friend. It is recommended for the 18+ who enjoy some violence, don't mind dirty language, and are up for a dash of sex. Not to mention an awesome, rollicking good mystery!


Stalk Emily


Comments