Tasting Never by C.M. Stunich

I am not even sure where to start with this book.  While sitting here, I have started writing 3 times and deleted all of it, and then started over again.  I am at a loss for words; not because it was bad, but because it was remarkable.  There are so many emotions that I have experienced in my lifetime:  I dropped out of high school (I am now getting my degree); I was in an abusive relationship that involved drugs (I have not touched any since 2003); I have had an abortion (I have never admitted that before and I'm not even sure right now if I am going to leave it on here); I got married, had two kids, and then 6 years later was divorced; I hit a downward spiral, making a lot of the same choices that Never (the main character) made as a result of depression from getting divorced; I met an amazing man that pulled me out of my hole and into the light in a way I didn't think was ever going to be possible, not after the hurt I had experienced - we have been married nearly 3 years and have a son together, our marriage isn't perfect, but it is pretty amazing.

I am sharing all of this because this book makes it okay to be different.  This book makes what many people look at as taboo seem normal.  This book has me in tears right now while I admit my dirty little secrets with all of you.  This book changed the way I view myself and my past; and for that, CM Stunich, I thank you from the bottom of my heart ♥

That is it. That is my review.  A little unconventional, but I know there are plenty of people who will understand.

I recommend this book for ages 16 and up.  That was my turning point age.  That is when my life started "happening," and I think that any 16 year old boy or girl could benefit from reading this.  Anyone who regrets anything they have done in the past will benefit from this book.  Anyone will benefit from this book. You can get your copy here.

Comments

  1. Thank you for such an honest review! This is what a truly good book can do for you! I do believe I will have to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm at a loss for words after reading your heartfelt review. We have our mistakes. Some more than others and some worse than others. Still yet, everyones struggles weigh heavy on the heart and are just as important as the next persons.

    That being said, I thank you for revealing your soul. I know it took a lot to be that intimate with a vast amount of strangers. I'm excited to begin reading Tasting Never. I'm actually looking forward to the revelations that it brings me. It sounds like just the book that I've been needing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tasting Never is one of those books that you didn't know you needed until you sat down to read it. Then it rips you open and scoops out all of the nastiness that was festering while you weren't paying attention, and then when you read Finding Never, it start to stitch you back up and you feel at peace. ♥

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the review and saying all of this stuff to us, I know it must be hard because you wrote and it's here for people to read.

    I am happy that your life is going great right now. I started reading it and I loved it and C.M. Stunich

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment